Why You Need a Monitor
A studio monitor is no ordinary loudspeaker. Unlike a conventional speaker, a true monitor must be unerringly accurate, with a flat frequency response and vanishingly low distortion. It has to tell you, the music producer-dependably and unquestionably-exactly what is or is not in your recording. In a studio-grade monitor speaker, there is no place for the usual list of speaker colorations and limitations prevalent in conventional loudspeakers. Response peaksdips, uneven polar response, high THD, nasal midrange, bloated mid-bass, and crossover-induced phase incoherence do nothing but undermine the confidence demanded for superior mix performance.
Introducing M-Audio’s BX8-D3 monitors-the return of a studio icon and the successor to the industry-renowned BX D2 monitors. Trusted by recording/mix engineers and composers globally, M-Audio’s BX monitors guarantee absolute surgical precision and repeatable engineering excellence.
Listen with confidence: with M-Audio’s BX8-D3 studio reference monitors, you’ll hear everything in lifelike detail, so your mixes and recordings will sound their best!
Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor’s drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, BX8-D3’s 8-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted “cone breakup.” BX8-D3’s treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX8-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind – to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence
- Professional class A/B bi-amplified design with 150 watts of distributed power for studio-grade cohesive, accurate sound and ultra-wide range 37-22kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Superior transparent sound quality: 8″ low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows and 1″ high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes
- Versatile, conveniently located XLR balanced and 1/4″ balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear and more
- Acoustic Space Control customises the sound output to the listening environment for sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction; Computer optimised waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Extended low-frequency response down to 37Hz courtesy of optimized rear ports that minimize air turbulence and acoustic distortion