M Audio BX5 D2 Active Studio Monitors -The BX5 D2 from M Audio is the next generation 70 watt bi-amplified active studio monitor featuring an elegant new design inside and out.
Accurate and enjoyableWhether you’re recording, mixing, or mastering, your monitors are your primary reference source. Accurate monitors let you hear exactly what’s happening in your mixes-and give you the assurance that your music will translate well to other listening environments. The M-Audio BX5 D2 monitors leverage a decade of monitor engineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency and sonic definition-allowing you to enjoy marathon mixing sessions with minimal listening fatigue.
Designed for pros-and beginnersCountless pros use M-Audio studio monitors to produce and mix the music and audio you hear every day. The BX D2 series makes that same design philosophy and technology available to anyone with a passion for great sound. BX5 D2 helps you understand what’s in your mix so you can make better decisions about how it will translate across a wide variety of systems-from MP3 earbuds to car stereos to audiophile rigs.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency driversOur high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the audible ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providing ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. It also features a built-in waveguide, which offers an expansive sound stage and exceptional imaging.
Kevlar low-frequency driversTo insure a lifetime of service, we constructed the BX5 D2 monitor’s 5″ low-frequency driver from woven Kevlar. Kevlar’s high mechanical and
- Professional class A/B bi-amplified design with 70 W of distributed power for studio-grade cohesive, accurate sound
- Superior transparent sound quality: 5 inch low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows and 1 inch high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Versatile, conveniently located XLR balanced and 1/4 inch balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear and more
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment ensuring accurate sonic reproduction – ideal for complex studio setup configurations
- Extended low-frequency response down to 56 Hz courtesy of optimized rear ports that minimize air turbulence and acoustic distortion; includes two isolation pads and pinhole power LEDs tailored for accurate positioning and convenient identification of the optimum listening position