M-Audio BX Sub Overview by GAK. If you’re looking for deep, accurate bass response at those really low frequencies then the BX Sub from M-Audio may be exactly what you’re looking for. M-Audio’s BX Sub has been designed to hit those low bass notes that studio monitors can’t quite reach, this makes it an essential bit of kit for any mixing studio. M-Audio haven’t just delivered on sound with this speaker, but also the size and shape are ideal for the studio environment. . The BX Subwoofer’s frequency response extends down to 20Hz (-3 dB), the lowest audible frequency. It uses the highest-quality components for no-compromise performance: a 10″ fiberglass/paper composite driver with an oversized magnet and high-temperature 2″ voice coil, powered by a 240-watt Class AB all-discrete internal amplifier with a variable 50-200 Hz crossover.
- Delivers deep, accurate bass response down to the lowest audible frequencies (20 Hz), picking up where your left/right studio monitors leave off
- Premium-quality components: 1 x 10 inch fiberglass/paper composite driver with an oversized magnet and high-temperature 2 inch voice coil, powered by a 240 W class AB all-discrete internal amplifier with variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- Resonant-free 3/4 inch medium density fibreboard (MDF) cabinet construction with 1 inch front and rear baffles
- User-friendly conveniently located controls: Volume/gain, phase invert switch for a seamless system frequency response, variable 50-200 Hz crossover control to blend ideally with L/R monitors of all sizes, and subwoofer bypass footswitch
- Full compliment of inputs and outputs accommodates any system configuration stereo inputs: XLR, 1/4 inch balanced/unbalanced and RCA; stereo satellite outputs: XLR and 1/4 inch balanced/unbalanced; designed for use with the M-Audio M3, BX carbon and BX D2 series, to deliver the deep bass response necessary to optimize your music, film and multimedia projects